From Bucharest with its nickname "Little Paris", a city of elegant buildings and vibrant café culture, to the rustic hills and local villages of the Romanian countryside, Transylvania: Then & Now is a profoundly unique journey into the romance, history, and old world charm of this fascinating region.
Any day | January to December - 8 days from $7,895
Destinations: Bucharest | Bran | Crit | Cincsor
Hotels: Athenee Palace Hilton, Inn on Balaban, La Hansi, Cinsor Guesthouse
Venture off the beaten path on this unique journey through Transylvania. Begin your travels in Bucharest, a city of elegant buildings and a vibrant café culture that once earned it the nickname “Little Paris.” In the Carpathian Mountains, explore Dracula’s Castle and stroll the cobblestone streets of the UNESCO World Heritage fortified city of Sighisoara. Immerse yourself in the bucolic hythms of small agricultural villages as you sample local honey, search for truffles, attend a sheep shearing, and spend your nights in lovely, refurbished manor homes. Return to Bucharest for a final, festive dinner.
Journey Pace: Active
- Wander through the elegant rooms of Peles castle, once the summer residence of the Romanian royal family
- Explore the subterranean passageways of Dracula’s castle
- Stroll the charming streets of Sighisoara, an immaculately preserved medieval town
- Take a walk through the past in the UNESCO World Heritage town of Viscri
- Immerse yourself in the peaceful life of rural Romania in the picturesque villages of Crit and Cincsor
Ecuador: From the Galápagos to the AndesEcuador is home t... more
Red Sands of Namibia more